1. Support the mission and purpose of the SCILA and their goals.
2. To be proactive in revitalizing our council by increasing membership and active participation.
3. Support educators and future educators by offering professional development opportunities.
4. Promote a love and study of literacy by offering grants, scholarships, stipends towards conferences, professional development, and instructional materials.
5. To make legislators aware of the importance of funding and supporting literacy issues that are specific to our region.
6. To nurture the student love of literacy by promoting reading and writing activities/contest in our council area.